Who are Comfy Critters Pet Sitting?
- We are a family owned and operated business. We take great care to make your pets feel at home while you’re away. See our About Us section for more information.
What type of service does Comfy Critters provide?
- Comfy Critters offers dog walking, pet sitting, and overnight pet sitting. We do not board animals. For details on the types of services we offer, click here.
What areas do you service?
- We are a Jacksonville based operation. We service Riverside/ Five Points, Avondale, Argyle Forest, Murray Hill/ Four Corners, and West Jacksonville. We may be able to service your area for an additional charge. Please Contact Us if you do not see your area listed.
How do I get started with Comfy Critters?
- Great! We’re so excited to have you on board. First you’ll want to Contact Us regarding the services you would like. The more details you leave, the more likely you are to get a good match for you and your pets. All of our sitters are highly skilled in animal care, but we try to always find the best match for your family. Once you’ve contacted us, we will be in touch to get more information about the service you’ve requested and to schedule a Meet and Greet with you.
I have a scheduled Meet and Greet- what should I have prepared when my sitter shows up?
- We offer the Meet and Greet as a free service to you so that you can get familiar with your sitter. During the scheduled meeting, your sitter will get familiar with your home and your pets. You will review daily pet needs, locations of food/ medications/ any other pet needs. You should have a list of emergency contacts, veterinarian contact, a key for entrance, gate codes/ alarm codes, special entrance instructions, and any other information pertinent to your home ready for your pet sitter. Comfy Critters will provide a contract customized to your needs, which you and your sitter will need to sign during the Meet and Greet. You will also need to have payment ready for the scheduled visits at this time. Without the above we cannot guarantee service for you.
When is payment due?
- Your initial payment is due during the Meet and Greet for all scheduled visits. For any future appointments, payment can be given during key pick up. Holiday payments and overnight payments are due in advance and are nonrefundable.
- We accept cash and checks for all payments.
If you do not pay during the Meet and Greet (new customers) or during the key pick up (returning customers), you will be charged an additional $3 per visit.
What is key pick up?
- Key pick up is a service offered to all recurring clients. During the week before your scheduled visits, your sitter will schedule a time with you to pick up the key for your home. You should present payment for scheduled visits at this time. It is important that you NEVER leave your key somewhere “hidden” outside- the sitter is required to have a key in hand to guarantee service. Upon your return, you can schedule a time for the sitter to drop off your key.
- If you are a frequent flyer with Comfy Critters (more than 2 times per month), we ask that you designate a key for the sitter to retain in their possession. If you elect not to do so, your third visit/month will be subject to a $10 key pick up fee.
When and how often will you visit my pets?
- Visits are entirely dependent on the services you request. You know your pet’s needs better than anyone. We usually recommend two to three visits per day for dogs, and one to two per day for cats.
- We cannot guarantee times for visits due to demand of visits, however we will work with your requests and try to give you an estimated time of visit (usually a 15-30 minute variation maximum). If you request, we will gladly send you daily updates with photos via text or email. We will also leave a Daily Log for your pet’s visits with information regarding food/drinks, potty breaks, and playtime, along with any other care information.
What is Comfy Critter’s cancellation policy?
- All of our fees are nonrefundable. If you should need to cancel, you will need to contact Comfy Critters 24 hours in advance. At the time of cancellation, Comfy Critters can issue you a credit for any pet visits for up to one year. Any fees for holidays and holiday weekends are nonrefundable and no credit will be offered.